Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hot Yoga

I attended a hot yoga class for the first time in over 5 years and was pleasantly surprised with the experience. The substitute instructor was excellent in his ability to teach the movements and educate the class on the sanskrit terms and mind body background of the yoga he was having us practice.
I have avoided hot yoga and stuck with other forms for the past few years, because I felt almost faint from exertion and most likely dehydration the last time I did hot yoga. I was more diligent about water intake today, but I still feel a bit dehydrated after the class. However, I really enjoyed the class and learned some interesting new body movements.
It really is best to drink at least 2-3 cups of water before and directly after a hot yoga class. If you are not well hydrated, it is quite possible that you will feel unwell after the class. I find that keeping hydrated is a challenging aspect of participating in hot yoga for many people, including me!

No comments:

Post a Comment